By now, thanks to marketing efforts, most are aware of the drugs which treat erectile dysfunction, namely Viagra (sildenafil), Levitra (vardenafil) and Cialis (tadalafil). You may not be aware of new and up-and-coming erectile dysfunction drugs which have entered or will enter the competition. Let me introduce you to Zydena (Udenafil), Mirodenafil, Stendra (Avanafil), Hellava (Lodenafil) and SLx-2101.
New alternatives to the popular ED pills
Zydena (Udenafil) was approved for use in South Korea in 2005 and for use in the Russian Federation in 2008. It has the following properties:
- It has similar adverse effects to the other major erectile dysfunction drugs, and no adverse events reported in trials.
- Works well for those with diabetes and hypertension.
- It has a relatively rapid onset and long duration of action.
- Manufacturers have said that it is similar to Viagra , but has greater strength and selectivity which they said means it has become the drug of choice for many men.
Mirodenafil is another South Korea contribution to the erectile dysfunction market. It was tested in a multicentre, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving 223 men with various causes for erectile dysfunction. Results showed Mirodenafil has the following features:
- It’s available as an orally dissolving film, the first licensed erectile dysfunction drug to come in such a form.
- Causes greater improvement in erectile function, orgasmic function, sexual desire and satisfaction with intercourse.
- Adverse effects are similar to other erectile dysfunction drugs.
- It is more expensive and there are no advantages for this drug over other erectile dysfunction drugs currently available.
This erectile dysfunction drug developed in California, was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in April 2012 and by the European Medicines Agency in June 2013. It has:
- Very fast onset of action compared to other erectile dysfunction drugs (two-thirds of participants in trials were able to have sex within 15 minutes)
- Can be taken with or without food.
- Side effects are similar to other drugs and include headaches, flushing, back pain and nasal congestion.
Developed in Brazil, Hellava was formulated as the dimer lodenafil carbonate, which dissolves in the body to form two molecules of the active drug lodenafil. This means it has higher oral bioavailability than other drugs. For this reasons, it was reported as being more effective by a large number of patients. It has a number of unfortunate side effects however, including:
- Abdominal pain.
- Nasal congestion.
This is a drug currently under development in Massachussetts. Clinical trials have shown that SLx-2101 has:
- Long duration of activity (an extended half-life).
- The most common side effect is a headache, similar to other drugs.
- Is very potent.
All these drugs except Stendra are not yet approved for use by the US Food and Drug Administration.
What Do All These New Drugs Mean?
One might ask that if Sildenafil, Tadalafil and Levitra vardenafil are currently widely used and effective, what’s the use of all these additions? It will give more choice, as many erectile dysfunction sufferers prefer to try all the available medications before making their final selection. This trying before committing option may be the route to all these drugs and their associated corporations gaining a significant market share. Plus, in the long-term, these newer drugs may lead to other potential clinical implications, such as treatment for lower urinary tract symptoms or for hypertension
All these new emerging drugs to treat erectile dysfunction also mean that over the next few years, Viagra, Cialis and Levitra will be facing intense competitionm, but if you prefer to stick to the old proven meds, come and find them on edpillsfinder.com.